Board of Directors
Brian Thom: Director & Chairman
Brian has served as our Chief Executive Officer since December 2020 and has been a Director since January of 2021.
Robert J. Denser: Director
Robert has served as director of the company since November 2014 and has for over ten years assisted federal and state agencies, first responders, EMS agencies and hospitals with their planning and procurement of medical equipment needed to be adequately prepared for any natural or man-made disaster Mr. Denser’s background also includes direct access to key decision makers within the VA hospital system, as well as federal and private disaster response agencies, like FEMA and the Red Cross, that are on the front lines of any disaster.
Brian Thom – Chief Executive Officer
Brian brings over 20 years of corporate finance and business development experience and a successful track record of helping fast growing companies across a broad range of industries to raise capital and create shareholder value.
• Accomplished Wall Street professional with demonstrated business origination capability, multi-industry expertise with a successful history of driving strategic dialogue and M&A transactions
• Former Managing Director, Société Générale
Brian received a Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences from Concordia University in Montreal and a Master’s in Business Administration from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Kris Heaton – Chief Financial Officer
• Finance professional with 20 years experience
• Formerly of KPMG and Merrill Lynch
John Phillips – Vice President, Commercial Strategy & Business Development
John has over 30 years of life science experience in commercialization, strategy and portfolio management with Roche, Bayer, Bristol Myers Squibb and Johnson & Johnson. In addition he has consulted to both pharmaceutical and medical technology companies with Cap Gemini, PwC, Deloitte and IQVIA.
• Former Managing Director, Deloitte Advisory, National Capital Efficiency Practice
• Former Senior Principal, IQVIA, Corporate Strategy & Portfolio Analytics
John received a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the State University of New York at Buffalo, MBA from The Whitman School at Syracuse University, and Executive Certificate from The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania
Gerald Abate, MD – Chief Medical Officer
• 30 years of clinical cardiology practice and industry thought leader
• Former Executive Director, Medical Affairs for Quest Diagnostics
• Led multiple drug launches with Sanofi, Amarin, Daiichi Sankyo, Reliant
• Industry advisor to multiple start ups
Louis Schiliro – Director of Operations
Lou has had responsibility for Operations and Manufacturing with United Health Products since August 2018. Previously, he served as COO and CFO of Global Medical USA and is the former head of International Sales/National Accounts at SAFECO